- Thinner installation (RPM = 5/16" vs. Backerboard = 1/2") helping you match up a variety of flooring materials.
- Thermal Break over concrete slab.
- Lightweight and durable recyled materials makes RPM Mats simple to use
- Easy and mess-free to cut with a utility knife right on the job site.
- Provide a customizable grid to evenly run floor heating wire under floors.
- Heating wire sits below RPM studs, keeping you off the wire and unable to trip or pull out the heating wire during installation.
- Reduces risk of damage to heat wire and integrity of floor heating system.
- Wire stays below trowel level when spreading leveling cement.
- Can be used with any brand of heat wire.
We carry a wide range of accessories for installing electric radiant floor heat. Some accessories are required for all installations, such as a Digital Multi Meter, which is needed for installing all electric radiant floor heating products. Other accessories are only recommended, as they will make your installation much easier and will lower the risk of damaging the heating elements while installing them, such as a plastic trowel, which eliminated the risk of cutting a wire with the sharp edge of a metal trowel.
We also sell cork insulation, which can be installed underneath mats of cables that are being installed over a slab subfloor. Installing cork insulation will provide a thermal break between the heating elements and the cold slab, which will lower the start-up time of the system. Please note, however, that this will not make the floor get hotter—it will only make the floor get warm faster.
There are no products matching the selection.