SunTouch© WarmWire™ electric radiant floor heating cable is an alternative to SunTouch Floor Heat mats. Download a WarmWire Brochure.
WarmWire, while not as easy to install as the Industry Leading SunTouch Mats, can be successfully installed by an experienced Do-It-Yourselfer, but is usually installed by Professionals.
The WarmWire cable is installed in conjunction with the WarmWire Strap. The strap is attached to the subfloor and then the cable is looped back and forth secured by the tabs on the strap. All suggested spacing variations can be easily configured by following the Strap Installation Guidelines. Each box of 25 Feet will be enough to install 40-50 Square Feet of WarmWire.
|120 V Part Number||Wire Length||2" Spacing||2-1/2 " Spacing||3" Spacing||Amps @ 120 V|
|120010 WD||47||Heats 8 Sq Ft||Heats 10 Sq Ft||Heats 12 Sq Ft||1.0|
2" On Center Spacing = 15 Watts/SF = 51 BTU's/Hour/SF-Floor heat for Basements, All concrete slabs, sunrooms, high heat loss areas. Closer spacing means More Watts & more heat plus faster warm up time
2 1/2" OC = 12 Watts/sq.ft. - 40 BTU's/Hour/SF - Warm Tile in Bathrooms, kitchens, dining/living areas, etc. This is the same output as the SunTouch Mats
3" OC = 10 Watts/sq.ft. - 34 BTU's/Hour/SF - Electric Floor Warming for Hallways, entries, low heat loss areas
|240 V Part Number||Wire Length||2" Spacing||2-1/2 " Spacing||3" Spacing||Amps @ 240 V|
|240020 WD||94||Heats 16 Sq Ft||Heats 20 Sq Ft||Heats 24 Sq Ft||1.0|
WarmWire is the Leading indoor Electric Floor Heating Cable in Price, performance and wire construction
Low Profile Floor Heat - Less than 1/8" thin, including WarmWire and hold-down strap!
Safe - SunTouch WarmWire Floor Heating is UL Listed in the USA and Canada
Control warm tile temperature and On/Off setting with the Programmable control (timer is built in)
Minimal energy use 10 to15 watts per Square Foot of Heated Floor area
Economical to Purchase and Operate
28 sizes available IN STOCK to provide Floor Heat in sizes of 8 to 240 Square Feet per spool
Combine multiple spools to cover any size and room configuration (Up to 15 amps per control)
Made in the USA with a 25 year warranty by Watts Radiant with 135 years experience in Heating and heating control systems
- Zero EMF for your safety
The SunTouch WarmWire in floor heating system features a single point connection to power for a fast and easy installation. Unlike other electric wire floor warming systems, with WarmWire Electric Floor Warming System there is no need to bring an extra wire from the far end of the cable back to the control, and SunTouch WarmWire is much thinner than other Electric Radiant Floor Heating systems.
SunTouch WarmWire warms all type of floor coverings (see the Installation Manual for complete details):
Ceramic tile or natural stone - right in the thinset
- The following installation require the WarmWire to imbedded in a layer of mortar or Floor Levelor
Hardwood (Glue down or Floating Wood Flooring Installations)
Linoleum or Vinyl
Easy to Install! Fasten the WarmWire cables to the floor, spread a layer of thinset, thickset, or self-leveling mortar over the cables. Then, install your floor covering over the mortar. That's all it takes to enjoy a warm floor.
WarmWire Electric Radiant Floor Heating installs directly onto the subfloor of plywood, backer board or concrete - All these methods are UL Listed.
Buy SunTouch WarmWire Now
You can connect multiple heating wire spools of varying lengths to one thermostat (up to it's rated amperage). You cannot shorten the heating wire. You may shorten the ColdLead (thicker 14/3 Wire 10 ft length at the beginning of the spool) that connects to the Thermostat. "O.C." means On Center - This is the spacing between the wires when you install in the WarmWire strap on your sub floor. The WarmWire strap has built in spacing guides
SunTouch® WarmWire™ floor heating is Made in the USA and features...
1. Single power lead (10 ft long) connection–for fast, easy installations of floor heat. You don't have to get the far end back to the beginning, as you do with inferior electric floor heating systems
2. All electrical appliances generate electro magnetic fields, known as EMF. WarmWire is built with an innovative Twisted dual wire Construction to Eliminate electromagnetic field (EMF) exposure. Most consumer appliances are designed to shield EMF, and WarmWire joins the SunTouch Radiant Floor Heating Mat as the industry leaders in Zero EMF engineering.
3. WarmWire heating elements and power cable are armored to reduce jobsite abuse. The floor heating elements are braided with 304 stainless steel for the ultimate in protection and the power leads are braided with tin-coated copper for durability. Stainless steel, not "foil" like some systems.
4. The floor heating elements and power cable are grounded from one end to the other with full current carrying capacity; no need to loop back to the beginning like other inferior designs. Choose the best wire construction for the ultimate in warm tile engineering
5. Each of the dual heating elements is protected with Dupont® Tefzel®, a high performance polymer. Tefzel has remarkable temperature aging and chemical resistance. Top quality components yield an industry leading floor warming solution. Other manufacturers cut their costs and use only Nylon or PVC.
6. WarmWire is dispensed from an innovative box that speeds up installation. WarmWire Floor Heating is in an easy-pull box - this speeds your installation and eliminates tangles and confusion on the jobsite.
7. The new Wire Strap Hold-down strip is designed for strength and low profile. Attach it to the subfloor, pull your wire, hook it through the tabs and get ready for a warm floor!
8. WarmWire is built in both 120VAC and 240VAC models, covering from 8 to 240 sq. ft. WarmWire can be installed at three different spacings to provide three different floor heating levels. Spacing may be varied depending on insulation and heat loss factors in the room. Recommended Spacing is in the above chart