The DITRA-HEAT Uncoupling Membrane makes installing electric radiant floor heating cables quick and easy while providing the same neutralization of movement stress between tile and substrate that the standard DITRA Uncoupling Membrane does. These thin 1/4" mats are designed with a stud structure that allows heating cables to fit snuggly into, ensuring a quicker installation and lower profile than when installing traditional DITRA Uncoupling Membranes over floor heating mats cables. Simply install your cable of choice between the studs of the mat at the desired spacing per the manufacturer's instructions, then thin-set and tile over the membrane.
To water-proof a DITRA-HEAT system, apply KERDI-BAND over all the joints, seams and corners of the membrane before applying thin-set and tile.
UPC 4011832142185 Manufacturer Schluter-Systems Size in Inches 39" x 31" Size in Feet 3' 3" X 2' 7" Size in Meters 0.99 x 0.78
- Instructions + Video
Instructions + Video
Instruction Manual DITRA-HEAT Installation Handbook Install Steps
All substrates must be clean, even, and load bearing. Bond inhibiting surfaces must be removed prior to the application of DITRA-HEAT.
For complete installation guidelines and warranty criteria, please refer to the downloadable Instruction Manual above or scroll to the bottom of this page to view the installation video.
Note: Minimum tile or stone format is 2" x 2" (5 cm x 5 cm).
1. Using a thin-set mortar that is suitable for the substrate, apply the thin-set mortar (mixed to a fairly fluid consistency, but still able to hold a notch) using a 1/4" x 1/4"(6 mm x 6 mm) square-notched trowel.
2. Apply DITRA-HEAT to the floor, fleece side down. Solidly embed the matting into the mortar using a float, screed trowel, or DITRA-ROLLER, making sure to observe the open time of the bonding mortar. If the mortar skins over prior to matting installation, remove and reapply. Note: It may be helpful to back roll the end of the matting before installation, or place boxes of tile on top of the matting after installation, to avoid curling.
*When using the DITRA-ROLLER, place a weight (e.g., bags of mortar/grout or box of tile) not to exceed 75 lbs on the DITRA-ROLLER shelf. Slowly move the roller from one end of the matting to the other, slightly overlapping successive passes.
3. Lift up a corner of the matting to check coverage. Proper installation results in full contact between the fleece webbing and the thin-set mortar. Note: Coverage may vary with mortar consistency, angle at which the trowel is held, substrate flatness, etc. If full coverage is not achieved, remove and reapply, making sure to verify proper mortar consistency and application.
4. Abut end and side sections of adjacent sheets. Note: Aligning the studs on the top of the matting during installation can help make subsequent heating cable installation easier.
5. The DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables can now be installed. Installation instructions are covered under the DITRA-HEAT-E-HK product page.
Note: Tile can be installed directly over the DITRA-HEAT membrane immediately after the DITRA-HEAT-E-HK cables have been installed using an unmodified thin set. Please refer to the Schluter®-DITRA-HEAT Installation Handbook below for complete DITRA-HEAT system instructions.
- More Details
What's In The Box (1) 8.6 sq ft sheet of DITRA HEAT-MEMBRANE Warranty 10 Years Custom Size Options Custom sizes not available. Acceptable Floor Coverings Tile, Natural Stone Made In USA No
You might also like...
HeatTrak 10" x 30" • Residential Heated Stair Mat - power cord sold separately (HR10-30)$69.99
HeatTrak 20" x 60" • Residential Heated Walkway power cord sold separately (HR20-60)
You Save: $20.00
KERDI-SHOWER-KIT 32" x 60" Centered Stainless Steel Drain with PVC Flange
You Save: $56.99
KERDI-DRAIN KIT with 2" PVC Flange & 4" Stainless Steel Grate
You Save: $12.68
works as advertisedThese sheets adhered well to the floor and held the heating cable in place as there were designed to. They made installing the cable easy.
I was a little confused as to what I needed to order, so I called Warm Your Floor and spoke with Omar. He had me email him a diagram of what I was doing, and he customized the heating cable, floor membrane...