Schluter System's DHERSD/BW has a 7-day programming schedule to set & manage the temperature of a DITRA-HEAT cable system.
This thermostat can handle an amp load of up to 16A and comes with a 10k sensor wire and as with all DITRA-HEAT controls, this thermostat has a built-in GFCI (Class A with test button), requires no batteries, and comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
UPC 4011832146138 What's In The Box 1 Programmable Thermostat, 1 Sensor Wire (10k) Manufacturer Schluter Systems
- Instructions + Video
Instructions + Video
Instruction Manual DITRA-HEAT Programmable Thermostat - INTERACTIVE USER MANUAL Video Install Steps
Please refer to the Interactive User Manual (linked above) and DITRA-HEAT Installation Handbook for complete DITRA-HEAT system installation instructions. Scroll all the way down this page to view the Installation VIDEO. For a video on how to program this thermostat click here.
1. DITRA-HEAT-E-RSD must be installed in an electrical box. A single gang, deep electrical box or a double gang electrical box with a single gang mud ring is recommended to provide room for the wiring.
2. The power supply must be shut off and all electrical connections must be made by a qualified electrician, according to the electrical and building codes effective in your region.
3. Connect the heating cable ground braid to the ground wire from the electrical panel.
4. Remove the mounting base from the thermostat by loosening the screw and tilting the thermostat upward.
5. Align and secure the mounting base to the electrical box.
6. Tape up the secondary floor temperature sensor and place in the electrical box.
7. Connect the thermostat to the power source via the black wires using the supplied solderless connectors. Since there is no polarity, either electrical line wire can be connected to either black wire.
8. Connect the heating cable to the thermostat via the yellow wires using the same method. Since there is no polarity, either heating cable conductor can be connected to either yellow wire.
9. Press the tabs and insert the floor temperature sensor wires into the thermostat.
10. The power, heating cable, and floor temperature sensor connections are now complete.
11. Place the wires in the electrical box. Replace the thermostat faceplate and tighten the screw at the bottom of the unit.
Note: Two DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables can be connected and controlled by a single DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostat if the total current is less than 15 amps. The heating cable leads must be wired in parallel according to applicable electrical and building codes. Multiple DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables over 15 amps cannot be connected to a single DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostat. Additional DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostats must be used. The DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostat may NOT be combined with the DITRA-HEAT-E-RR power module.
Electrical Box Recommended Size Deep single gang Floor Sensor Included Yes Floor Sensor Length Ft 15 ft Floor Sensor Length Meters 4.572 m
- More Details
Warranty from Manufacturer 3 Years Home Automation Integration No Safety Listing Listed under CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 24-93 Pre-Loaded program options 250 7 Day Prog (Su - Sa) Yes 5-2 Program (M-F + S-S) No 5 - 1 - 1 Prog (M-F - Sa - Su) No Maximum Display Temp 82 Maximum Setting Temp 82
HeatTrak 10" x 30" • Residential Heated Stair Mat - power cord sold separately (HR10-30)
You Save: $10.00
HeatTrak 20" x 60" • Residential Heated Walkway power cord sold separately (HR20-60)
You Save: $30.00
KERDI-SHOWER-KIT 32" x 60" Centered Stainless Steel Drain with PVC Flange
You Save: $56.99
KERDI-DRAIN KIT with 2" PVC Flange & 4" Stainless Steel Grate
You Save: $12.68
nice thermostatThis thermostat is easy to program, and lets you know what is going on with your floor. A 5/2 option for programming would be nice, but certainly not a deal breaker. I like the idea that there is a GFCI built in, but I'm a little confused as to why the requirement of a GFCI breaker in the box if there is one built in to the thermostat. No...