- Thinner installation (RPM = 5/16" vs. Backerboard = 1/2") helping you match up a variety of flooring materials.
- Thermal Break over concrete slab.
- Lightweight and durable recyled materials makes RPM Mats simple to use
- Easy and mess-free to cut with a utility knife right on the job site.
- Provide a customizable grid to evenly run floor heating wire under floors.
- Heating wire sits below RPM studs, keeping you off the wire and unable to trip or pull out the heating wire during installation.
- Reduces risk of damage to heat wire and integrity of floor heating system.
- Wire stays below trowel level when spreading leveling cement.
- Can be used with any brand of heat wire.
12" Inch Joist Spacing
Designed to be installed between the joist bays under an existing floor, UnderFloor mats can be used to add heat to a floor that has already been installed. UnderFloor mats are manufactured for joists that are either 12” or 16” on center. They are very DIY friendly. Simply staple the mats up into the joist bay and add insulation under them. These mats are available in both 120v (the most commonly used voltage) and 240v (used for very large areas).