ProMelt electric radiant snow melting cables are the most versatile and lowest cost option for snow melting installation any size, any shape - quickly providing electrically heated walkways and driveways. Cables are ideal for steps, curved or angled areas. Cables can be used for simple rectangular areas too, but mats install faster and easier in those situations.
Environmentally friendly snow and ice removal in the worst conditions is possible without using salt or hazardous chemicals. ProMelt provides energy efficiency and easy installation.
ProMelt heated snow melting cables are manufactured in the USA by SunTouch Watts Radiant (pioneers of indoor radiant heat). You choose your configuration and secure to rebar/mesh or using our Cable Strap on a base surface; maintaining proper and consistent spacing of cables is your job. Larger spacing means less heat but more coverage per cable.
Cables cost 10-15% less than mats and give you layout and heat output options since you control the spacing and determine the layout. Consider ProMelt Mats for a quicker and easier installation (the spacing is already done for you) for just a few dollars more. (See Specifications)
ProMelt is an effective, reliable and invisible snow melting system that will serve you for many years. Projects of 350 SF or less require cables and a snow sensor-controller and are very affordable and convenient.
ProMelt Snow Melting Benefits:
- ProMelt cables provide versatility and allow you to control the Watts per Sq Foot between 38 and 50.
- Automatically activates only when needed means your driveway and sidewalks stay clear and you never forget to turn the system off.
- No plowing or scraping means your walkway and driveway look better and last longer
- Maintenance Free permanent installation. Not like Hydronic systems (water) with pumps, boilers, etc
- Increase safety and reduce liability with ProMelt
- No hazardous chemicals to damage your landscaping or the environment
- No waiting for the plow or shovel to arrive - Dependable automatic snow sensor once moisture and temperature conditions are met activates ProMelt.
- Save Money - Eliminate snow removal labor costs
- The best construction using premium materials means ProMelt is built to last
- Increase the value of your home with an automatic ProMelt System
ProMelt Cables provide the most flexible and low cost installation than any snow melting system in 3 easy steps once you have read all instructions, planned the electrical details, and prepared your jobsite:
The ProMelt radiant heating cables are built tough for Permanent installation within virtually any surface to provide efficient melting of snow and ice automatically. They must be completely embedded and at least 1.25 inches below the top of the new layer.
|Voltage Choice||Same Energy efficiency & same Watts/SF. More Sq Footage per circuit with 240v|
|Watts Per SF||50 Watts per Sq Foot|
|Cable length in feet||78' ft. feet|
|Cable length in inches||936" in. inch|
|Cable length in meters||23.64 m meter metre|
|Heat Output BTUs per SF||170 BTU per Sq Ft/Hour|
|Heating Power : Total BTU’s||3400 BTU total|
|Manufacturer||SunTouch Watts Radiant|
|Power Lead Type||Armored, NEC color code, Single point connection at 1 corner of mat. No return wire like inferior products|
|Power Lead Length||20 Feet|
|Power Lead Wire Gauge (varies by heated area)||14 AWG|
|Heating Wire Spacing||3" - 3.5" - 4" on center|
|Ohms Reading (resistance value)||13 - 17 ohms|
|ZERO* EMF (Electro Magnetic Field)||Yes. Verified by Independent Testing Laboratory as ultra low.|
|Controls/Thermostat is required for operation||Automated Snow Sensing Controller recommeded for safety and lower energy use|
|Packaging||Easy Open Cardboard - no frustration. Easy to dispense cable from spool|
|Width of heating area Feet||Variable - you determine layout width, length, shape|
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
List Price: $19.99
Our Price: $13.99
List Price: $18.89
Our Price: $14.50