Snow Melting systems operate best when they are connected to automatic controls and you save money because the control activates your system only when needed and then shuts off automatically.
The PM-2C sensor-controller detects the combination of precipitation PLUS low temperature to activate the ProMelt Mats or Cables. It is meant to be pole-mounted open to the sky and elements with a fixed moisture sensor mounted on its top.
PM-2C automatically controls 30 Amps of snow melting – approximately 145 Sq Ft of 50 Watts/SF at 240v 30 Amp Maximum.
- NEW- Now shipping the 2C version with more features and easier to install and use
- 3 operating modes : On-Automatic, On-Manual, Off-standby-reset
- Operates on line voltage (100-277VAC) automatically with no configuration or strapping like old 2B model
- Automatic Activation means lower costs for deicing and snow melting
- New LED indicator light displays status of Off, Standby and blinking when operating
- Easy Installation with many user configurable options
- 10 Functions, including Adjustable temperature (34-44 F) & Delay (30-90 min or 2-6 Hr ranges)
- PM-2C units have a 3/4" NPT base conduit hub and a 1/2" threaded reducing bushing
- 18" Blue/Brown/Green #14 AWG power leads and Yellow #10 AWG load leads
- 1 year warranty with many replaceable components
- Housed in a sturdy NEMA 3R enclosure rated for outdoor use that is 5"x7"x3" with removable cover for complete access
- All internal electronic components are specified for -40°C to +85°C operation.
- ETL UL Standard 508/CSA C22.2 No. 14 Listed
The ProMelt PM-2C offers automatic activation, rain/snow detection, adjustable trigger temperature, and a drying cycle, as well as manual operation. It is a stand-alone control (no CP Contactor Panel required) intended for relatively small systems up to 30 Amps or approximately 145 Sq Ft at 50 Watts/SF. It cannot be used with our Contractor Pro series of ProMelt controls, as those are designed for 24V control sensors (PM-224 or 824). The unit measures approximately 5"x7"x3".
We recommend adding the optional PM-DP remote ProMelt Display Panel for the easiest monitoring and control of your PM-2C sensor. The PM-DP wired remote is a great upgrade and is sold separately.
Manufacturer Watts Radiant
- Instructions + Video
Instructions + Video
Instruction Manual Promelt 300600 PM-2C SnowSensor 120/240 30A Installation Manual Install Steps
- The PM-2B must be mounted outdoors on top of a piece of rigid conduit secured to a pole or to a free-standing conduit or by using the mounting holes in each corner of the enclosure.
- Wire the controller in accordance to the provided schematics. The power leads from the snow melting system and the incoming power from the electrical panel connect to the controller.
- The PM-2B must be installed in a location that exposes the moisture grid to a clear view of the sky and any precipitation. The unit should not be mounted directly under eaves, overhangs, or other obstructions that can block precipitation from reaching the moisture grid.
- Do not install the sensor close to the ground, or any other location, that can cause the sensor to be buried in snow. Mount the PM-2B outdoors, away from furnace vents, dryer vents, and other sources of heat.
- Do not drill holes in the enclosure.
Location / Use : Indoor Only Outdoor Only
- More Details
Automatically controlling your system means lower costs for deicing and snow melting.
Fully automated devices are your best option. Our snow melting systems detect temperature and precipitation so they operate only when needed. This automation detects moisture in the air coupled with low temperatures and turns the system on just as a snow storm arrives for maximum performance and lowest operating costs.
Our sophisticated controls automatically activate the ProMelt snow melt system when it detects precipitation and temperatures are below 34 F (adjustable). The sensor has several other features, including adjustable temperature trigger point, adjustable delay off cycle, and upgradeable remote activation using the PM-DP.
The efficient snow sensor system will only activate the radiant heated driveway walkway or other snowmelt system when needed, saving energy and operation costs.
Snow Melting systems operate best when they are connected to automatic controls.
Made In USA Made in USA
HeatTrak 10" x 30" • Residential Heated Stair Mat - power cord sold separately (HR10-30)
You Save: $10.00
HeatTrak 20" x 60" • Residential Heated Walkway power cord sold separately (HR20-60)
You Save: $30.00
SunStat Connect WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat$270.00Learn More
ProMelt/SlabHeat Heating Wire Repair Kit$28.00Learn More