The PM-824 is identical to the PM-224 model EXCEPT, The PM-824 has a remote (wired) moisture sensor, not a sensor fixed to the top like the 224.
The Sensor’s 10’ Ft cable allows mounting the control even in a hard to reach location. It can be mounted on a wall or to a rigid conduit or pole. And, the 10 Ft cable can be extended – see instructions for extending.
A weatherproof LED indicator on the base of the 824 provides a method of checking power and trigger status when the unit is mounted in a 'hard to reach' location. Steady OFF indicates no power to the unit. Steady ON indicates power is being supplied but no snow or rain trigger is active. A blinking LED indicates the PM-824 is triggered and connected equipment has been activated.
The PM-824 sensor detects the combination of precipitation PLUS low temperature to activate a Contractor Pro control panel which in turns provides power to ProMelt Mats or Cables. It is meant to be pole-mounted open to the sky and elements and has a heated moisture sensor mounted on its top.
This Low voltage control cannot operate alone – it must be connected to and powered by a contactor control panel. For standalone operation, choose the PM-2B or PM-5 sensor-controllers.
PM-824 provides integrated air and moisture detection within a rainproof and ice-resistant enclosure. The remote wired snow sensor is heated to allow for snow, ice, or freezing rain to melt, allowing proper detection of environmental conditions.
- 3 operating modes : On-Automatic, On-Manual, Off-standby-reset
- Low voltage operation (22-28 VAC) and is powered by the CP series panels
- Connection to a ProMelt CP panel allows control of 250 – 1250 Sq Ft of snow melting, or more.
- Automatic Activation means lower costs for deicing and snow melting
- Reliable Rain and Snow Detection
- Easy Installation with many user configurable options
- Adjustable temperature and delay settings PLUS exclusive sensitivity control adjustment
- Removable cover (4 screws) provides full access to all electronics and settings
- 1 year warranty with many replaceable components and fuse
- Housed in a sturdy NEMA 3R enclosure rated for outdoor use that is 5"x7"x3"
- All internal electronic components are specified for -40°C to +85°C operation.
The ProMelt PM-824 offers automatic activation, rain/snow detection, adjustable trigger temperature, and a drying cycle, as well as manual operation. It must be connected to our Contractor Pro series of contactor panels.
We recommend adding the optional PM-DP remote ProMelt Display Panel for the easiest monitoring and control of your PM-824 sensor. The PM-DP wired remote is a great upgrade and is sold separately.
Automatically controlling your system means lower costs for deicing and snow melting.
Fully automated devices are your best option. The efficient snow sensor system will only activate the radiant heated driveway walkway or other snowmelt area when needed, saving energy and operation costs. This automation detects moisture in the air coupled with low temperatures and turns the system on just as a snow storm arrives for maximum performance and lowest operating costs.
Our sophisticated controls automatically activate the ProMelt snow melt system when it detects precipitation AND temperatures are below 34 F (adjustable). The sensor has several other features, including adjustable temperature trigger point, adjustable delay off cycle, and upgradeable remote activation using the PM-DP.
Snow Melting systems operate best when they are connected to automatic controls.