RPM Mats make the installation of floor heating cable fast and easy when using self leveling mortar. RPM Mats are 20” x 44” and Made in the USA from Heavy Duty 60 mil ABS plastic (80%+ recycled materials) but weigh only 2.0 lbs. This 1/2" thickness is usually chosen to increase floor height to meet an adjoining floor that is thicker. RPM has been used to install thousands of WarmWire® projects providing a lightweight, quick and clean option to a traditional backer board and cable guide strap installation. Simply thread the floor heating cable of your choice (not included) onto the grid between the studs at your desired spacing and it sits safely and securely 1/8” below the top of the studs so your installation is protected from traffic and tools. Once filled with cement leveling mortar your floor has a Lab tested and approved “heavy” rating. It is lighter then backerboard and installs in half the steps! On concrete slabs, it’s rated “High Performance” as an anti-fracture membrane in testing. Studs are ½” in diameter and spaced at 1”.
UPC RPM-500 Manufacturer CMX Radiant Corp. Thickness 1/2 inch Spacing of Heating Wire 2.5", 3", 3.5"
- Instructions + Video
Instructions + Video
Plywood installation summary:
- 1. Spread Roberts 2001 Adhesive on Plywood using 1/8x1/8 v-notch trowel
- 2. Cut & Lay RPM mats into adhesive, lining up studs and butting sheets together without overlap
- 3. Staple to plywood subfloor per instructions; staple spacing varies
- 4. Install Floor Heating Cable following manufacturer’s instructions using our wire spacing chart.
- 5. After 24 Hours, cover with bonding agent and Self Leveler (Wait 24 hrs after adhesive spread to pour self leveler)
Concrete Installation summary:
- 1. Spread Bostik Ultra Set Advanced, a pro grade adhesive on slab using 1/8x1/8 v-notch trowel
- 2. Fit and set RPM mats into adhesive butted to each other, cutting as needed, keeping studs aligned
- 3. Wait 24 Hours before installing cable and leveling
- 4. Lay floor heating cable per manufacturer’s instructions, apply bonding agent and pour self leveler to cover
Skill Level DIY Shower Installation Shower installation is not recommended. Indoor/Outdoor? Yes Trowel Size recommended 1/8" x 1/8" Trowel type Recommended N/A
- More Details
Why Helps The stud tops are an ideal screeding surface. Heating Cable is protected within the stud grid. Flooring can be removed and wire is typically protected by the tops of the studs. Can be used instead of backerboard. Can be used as a thermal break on concrete. What's In The Box 1 RPM Mat, instructions Warranty 25 years Size in Inches 20"in. x 44"in. (880 sq. in.) Size in Feet 1.66'ft. x 3.66'ft. (6.1 sq. ft) Size in Meters 0.6 m x 1.22 m (0.73 sq. m) Amp Draw N/A Custom Size Options Customize and cut your own RPM mats to fit the room. Made In USA Made in USA