Snow and ice melting systems operate best when they are connected to automatic controls.
The PM-224 sensor detects the combination of precipitation PLUS low temperature to activate a Contractor Pro control panel which in turns provides power to ProMelt Mats or Cables. It is meant to be pole-mounted open to the sky and elements and has a heated moisture sensor mounted on its top.
This Low voltage control cannot operate alone – it must be connected to and powered by a contactor control panel. For standalone operation, choose the PM-2B or PM-5 sensor-controllers.
PM-224 provides integrated air and moisture detection within a rainproof and ice-resistant enclosure. The integrated snow sensor is heated to allow for snow, ice, or freezing rain to melt, allowing proper detection of environmental conditions.
- 3 operating modes : On-Automatic, On-Manual, Off-standby-reset
- Low voltage operation (22-28 VAC) and is powered by the CP series panels
- Connection to a ProMelt CP panel allows control of 250 – 1250 Sq Ft of snow melting, or more.
- Automatic Activation means lower costs for deicing and snow melting
- Reliable Rain and Snow Detection
- Easy Installation with many user configurable options
- Adjustable temperature and delay settings PLUS exclusive sensitivity control adjustment
- Removable cover (4 screws) provides full access to all electronics and settings
- 1 year warranty with many replaceable components and fuse
- Housed in a sturdy NEMA 3R enclosure rated for outdoor use that is 5"x7"x3"
- All internal electronic components are specified for -40°C to +85°C operation.
The ProMelt PM-224 offers automatic activation, rain/snow detection, adjustable trigger temperature, and a drying cycle, as well as manual operation. It must be connected to our Contractor Pro series of contactor panels.
We recommend adding the optional PM-DP remote ProMelt Display Panel for the easiest monitoring and control of your PM-224 sensor. The PM-DP wired remote is a great upgrade and is sold separately.
Brand Name SunTouch Floor Warming Voltage No Visible Depth No Inside Box Width No Inside Box Height No Inside Box Depth No LCD Display Size Ht No LCD Display Size Width No Dial Size (diameter) No Manufacturer Watts Radiant Controls/Thermostat is required for operation No
- Instructions + Video
Instructions + Video
Instruction Manual Promelt 300224 PM-224 Snow Sensor Installation Manual Install Steps
- The PM-224 must be mounted outdoors on top of a piece of rigid conduit secured to a pole or to a free-standing conduit or by using the mounting holes in each corner of the enclosure. Do not install the sensor close to the ground, or any other location, that can cause the sensor to be buried in snow. Mount the PM-224 outdoors, away from furnace vents, dryer vents, and other sources of heat. Do not drill holes in the enclosure.
- The PM-224 must be installed in a location that exposes the moisture grid to a clear view of the sky and any precipitation. The unit should not be mounted directly under eaves, overhangs, or other obstructions that can block precipitation from reaching the moisture grid.
- Wire the controller in accordance to the provided schematics. The PM-224 control requires the use of a Contactor Pro Relay Panel to deliver power to the ProMelt system. Refer to the Contactor Pro Relay Panel installation manual for further details.
- A shielded, outdoor rated 18-24AWG, 4-conductor cable is required to connect the Contactor Pro Relay Panel to the sensor. The total length of this shielded supply wire cable should not exceed 100 feet (30.5 m) for 22 or 24 AWG and 200 feet (61 m) for 18 or 20 AWG. All connections must be made in an outdoor rated, water-tight electrical enclosure.
DO NOT set the Rain switch to 'ON'. Possible overheating of the snowmelt cables may result.
Electrical Box Recommended Size No Width No Height No Depth No Unit and wires protrude into box No Floor Sensor Included No Floor Sensor Length Ft No Floor Sensor Length Meters No Floor Sensor Type No Floor Sensor Resistance Range (@ 20,000) No Floor Temperature Sensing Primary No Ambient Air Temperature sensing Mode No Ambient Air w/ Floor Temp option No Location / Use : Indoor Only Outdoor Only Outside temp and humidity sensor option (purchased separately) No GFEP / GFCI Protection (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) No Skill Level No Installation Layout Map customized for my project No
- More Details
Automatically controlling your system means lower costs for deicing and snow melting.
Fully automated devices are your best option. The efficient snow sensor system will only activate the radiant heated driveway walkway or other snowmelt area when needed, saving energy and operation costs. This automation detects moisture in the air coupled with low temperatures and turns the system on just as a snow storm arrives for maximum performance and lowest operating costs.
Our sophisticated controls automatically activate the ProMelt snow melt system when it detects precipitation AND temperatures are below 34 F (adjustable). The sensor has several other features, including adjustable temperature trigger point, adjustable delay off cycle, and upgradeable remote activation using the PM-DP.
Snow Melting systems operate best when they are connected to automatic controls.
Warranty from Manufacturer No Remote Control Compatible No Control Multiple areas No Remote control Mode No Home Automation Integration No Smart Technology/Early Start No Manual Temperature Override Possible No On/Off Switch for complete shutdown @ end of heating season No Regulator Mode option No Heating Cycle length No Safety Listing No Canadian Electric Code reference No National Electric Code reference No Programming Method No Packaging No Pre-Loaded program options No User Settable program No 7 Day Prog (Su - Sa) No 5-2 Program (M-F + S-S) No 5 - 1 - 1 Prog (M-F - Sa - Su) No Programming Saved Indefinitely (or number of hours) No Time / Date settings retained during power outage No No Battery Required No Minimum Display Temp No Maximum Display Temp No Accuracy Degrees F No Floor sensor Connection No Electrical Connections No Operating Temperature Range (degrees F) No Minimum Setting Temp No Maximum Setting Temp No Click here to see all discontinued Thermostats No Benefits No Made In USA Made in USA
13 Watt Roof & Gutter Plug-in Cable - 50ft
Regular Price: $250.00
Special Price $197.40