The PM-824 is identical to the PM-224 model EXCEPT, The PM-824 has a remote (wired) moisture sensor, not a sensor fixed to the top like the 224.
The Sensor’s 10’ Ft cable allows mounting the control even in a hard to reach location. It can be mounted on a wall or to a rigid conduit or pole. And, the 10 Ft cable can be extended – see instructions for extending.
A weatherproof LED indicator on the base of the 824 provides a method of checking power and trigger status when the unit is mounted in a 'hard to reach' location. Steady OFF indicates no power to the unit. Steady ON indicates power is being supplied but no snow or rain trigger is active. A blinking LED indicates the PM-824 is triggered and connected equipment has been activated.
The PM-824 sensor detects the combination of precipitation PLUS low temperature to activate a Contractor Pro control panel which in turns provides power to ProMelt Mats or Cables. It is meant to be pole-mounted open to the sky and elements and has a heated moisture sensor mounted on its top.
This Low voltage control cannot operate alone – it must be connected to and powered by a contactor control panel. For standalone operation, choose the PM-2B or PM-5 sensor-controllers.
PM-824 provides integrated air and moisture detection within a rainproof and ice-resistant enclosure. The remote wired snow sensor is heated to allow for snow, ice, or freezing rain to melt, allowing proper detection of environmental conditions.
- 3 operating modes : On-Automatic, On-Manual, Off-standby-reset
- Low voltage operation (22-28 VAC) and is powered by the CP series panels
- Connection to a ProMelt CP panel allows control of 250 – 1250 Sq Ft of snow melting, or more.
- Automatic Activation means lower costs for deicing and snow melting
- Reliable Rain and Snow Detection
- Easy Installation with many user configurable options
- Adjustable temperature and delay settings PLUS exclusive sensitivity control adjustment
- Removable cover (4 screws) provides full access to all electronics and settings
- 1 year warranty with many replaceable components and fuse
- Housed in a sturdy NEMA 3R enclosure rated for outdoor use that is 5"x7"x3"
- All internal electronic components are specified for -40°C to +85°C operation.
The ProMelt PM-824 offers automatic activation, rain/snow detection, adjustable trigger temperature, and a drying cycle, as well as manual operation. It must be connected to our Contractor Pro series of contactor panels.
We recommend adding the optional PM-DP remote ProMelt Display Panel for the easiest monitoring and control of your PM-824 sensor. The PM-DP wired remote is a great upgrade and is sold separately.
|Brand Name||SunTouch Floor Warming|