The SunStat PRO Programmable Thermostat (500670) is a solid performer for operating your floor heating system since 2007.
This thermostat has built-in Ground Fault Protection for your safety and is fit for use in the US and Canada according to ETL to UL standards. The thermostat senses the floor temperature via a 15-foot Floor Sensor Wire which is included. In most areas, you don't even need another GFCI circuit. Enjoy the sleek design of the backlit display with the programming buttons simply hidden behind a single door.
SunStat PRO is a Dual Voltage thermostat which means it's suitable for 120v or 240v and you don't have to worry about its compatibility with your floor heating system.
Manufactured in-house by SunTouch (not outsourced like many other brands) it was introduced in 2007 (check out the newer models Pro II and VIEW):
- 120v/240v (dual voltage) means you always have the right thermostat regardless of the system voltage on-site.
- Air-sensing Mode with an optional floor temperature override limit.
- Regulator mode takes over if the sensor is damaged or disconnected.
- Master Control Capability for connecting other SunStat 500680 relays to expand your floor heating system.
- 15' long Class 2 Insulated Sensor wire
- 5/1/1 Day Programming settings or manual operation
- 4 preset heating schedules or you can program your own!
- Monitor your usage and check the on time of your SunTouch system through the SunStat Pro. Choose either 12 or 24 (Military time) hour mode for the clock display.
- State of the art SmartStat Technology
- Easy integration with your home automation system through dry contact relay.
- Floor Temp Range of 40 to 99 degrees F, or 5 to 37 C.
- Fahrenheit or Celsius temperature display option.
- View operation, heat on/off, mode and other details on a large digital display, with LCD for clock and all other functions
- 15 amp capacity lets you control SunTouch 120VAC mats totalling up to 150 SF per control (or up to 300 SF of 240V mats).
- Connection with remote FloorStat sub control relay (MPN: 500680).
- Class A GFCI safety protection is built-in with a test light and button, a 5 milliAmp trip.
- 2-Year Warranty (newer models Pro II and VIEW have 3 Year Warranty)
- Batteries not required! Save your programming to memory, endlessly.
- Quick switch to Economy setting when you'll be away with the Vacation Mode / Manual Setback.
- Override your program with Manual mode; you can choose the programming version for its great looks but use all manual controls if you prefer.
Included with Every Thermostat:
- 15' Sensor Wire
- Complete English, Spanish, and French operation instructions
- Screwdriver for installing
- Mounting Screws
- Wire Nuts
UPC 840213090593 What's In The Box Programmable thermostat, sensor wire, wire nuts, screwdriver, mounting screws Voltage 120 VAC /240 VAC Brand Name SunTouch Floor Warming Visible Depth 13/16" (20.6 mm) Inside Box Width 1 11/16" (42.9 mm) Inside Box Height 2 3/4" (69.8 mm) Inside Box Depth 15/16" (23.8 mm) Display Height 2.25 Display Width 1.25
- Instructions + Video
Instructions + Video
Instruction Manual SunTouch500670 PRO Programmable Thermostat LCD Installation Manual Video Unit and wires protrude into box 0.81 Floor Sensor Included yes Floor Sensor Length Ft 15' Sensor Floor Sensor Length Meters 4.57 Floor Sensor Type Thermistor, 10k NTC type, double insulated Floor Sensor Resistance Range (@ 20,000) 8-14k Floor Temperature Sensing Primary floor temperature Ambient Air Temperature sensing Mode yes Ambient Air w/ Floor Temp option yes Location / Use : Indoor Only Indoor Dry Location Only Outside temp and humidity sensor option (purchased separately) n/a GFEP / GFCI Protection (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5 mA Class A Built In - With Test Button Feature
- More Details
Warranty from Manufacturer 2 Year Control Multiple areas Yes Home Automation Integration yes Smart Technology/Early Start yes Manual Temperature Override Possible yes Regulator Mode option yes Safety Listing Safety Listed in USA & Canada : UL 873, UL 943 & CSA C22.2 No. 24, CSA/CAN C22.2 No.144, ETL Control No. 3037530 Programming Method 5 / 1 / 1 days Pre-Loaded program options 4 User Settable program yes 7 Day Prog (Su - Sa) no 5-2 Program (M-F + S-S) no 5 - 1 - 1 Prog (M-F - Sa - Su) yes Programming Saved Indefinitely (or number of hours) yes No Battery Required No Battery Required Operating Temperature Range (degrees F) Determined by thermostat Repairable Heating Wire No serviceable parts Packaging Easy Open Cardboard - no frustration
ThermostatWorks very well and is easy to program.
Love the heat, hate the failure.My SunStat Pro died after almost 4 years. The manual says the error logged is because the GFCI has exceeded its life. Looks like a $40/year service fee to keep my floor running. The warmth is certainly worth the agravation.
Does not keep accurate timeThe clock has substantial drift (several minutes each month) Perhaps not so bad as a thermostat, but not great when you depend on the unit to tell you the time in the morning. Was told by a technician that this was because it is driven off the frequency of my electricity which tests normal and no other clocks in my home have this problem....
The new one was easy to install and has worked like a charm.I bought a new control for my heated floor because the old one failed after only 3 years. But, the new one was easy to install and has worked like a charm.