• Touch Screen - Easy to read color 3.5" touch display, backlit with adjustable brightness (dimmable)
• Programmable - Adaptive 7 day settings with up to 6 heating periods each day
• Safe - UL approved 15 Amp Class A GFCI protection built-in
• Energy Use - Tracks energy consumption (daily, weekly, monthly)
• QR code - Quick access to system settings
• Dual Voltage - works with either 120 or 240 Volt systems
• Easy Setup - wizard with test mode gets you started whether it’s a new install or an upgrade
• Upgrading an existing thermostat is easy - Most have the same 10k Sensor Wire
• Each Thermostat can control 1 zone - Each area you want to control requires a circuit & thermostat, up to 15 Amps.
• A DITRA-HEAT Power Module (relay) can be used to extend a system another 15 Amps.
• 3 year manufacturer warranty
Please refer to the Interactive User Manual (linked above) and DITRA-HEAT Installation Handbook for complete DITRA-HEAT system installation instructions.
DITRA-HEAT-E-RT must be installed in an electrical box. A single gang, deep electrical box or a double gang electrical box with a single gang mud ring is recommended to provide room for the wiring. The power supply must be shut off and all electrical connections must be made by a qualified electrician, according to the electrical and building codes effective in your region.
1. Connect the heating cable ground braid to the ground wire from the electrical panel.
2. Remove the faceplate from the thermostat power base by loosening the screw and tilting the thermostat upward. Remove the back cover clip as well.
3. For ease of installation, form the electrical line wires into an “M” or accordion shape. This will make it easier to fold them neatly into the electrical box. Loosen the load screws at the top of the thermostat until they stop.
4. Insert the heating cable conductors into the load terminals from the bottom. Since there is no polarity, either heating cable conductor can be connected to either load terminal.
5. Secure the conductors by tightening the screws.
6. Insert the electrical line wires into the line terminals from the top. Refer to the back of thermostat for proper wiring configuration.
7. Secure the wires by tightening the screws and fold the wires into the electrical box.
8. Align and secure the thermostat power base to the electrical box.
9. Thread the floor temperature sensors through the opening at the bottom right of the thermostat power base. Tape up the secondary floor temperature sensor and secure to the power base.
10. Strip the ends of the floor temperature sensor to expose the wires for ease of installation. Insert the floor temperature sensor wires into terminals C and D. Note that the floor temperature sensor wires have no polarity and can be interchanged between C and D terminals. Tighten the screws to secure the wires.
11. The power, heating cable, and floor temperature sensor connections are now complete. Replace the thermostat faceplate and tighten the screw at the bottom of the unit.
Note: Two DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables can be connected and controlled by a single DITRA-HEAT-E-RT thermostat if the total current is less than 15 Amps. The heating cable leads must be wired in parallel according to applicable electrical and building codes. Multiple DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables over 15 Amps cannot be connected to a single DITRA-HEAT-E-RT thermostat. Additional DITRA-HEAT-E-RT thermostats must be used or the DITRA-HEAT-E-RT thermostat may be combined with DITRA-HEAT-E-RR power module(s).
Ensure the DITRA-HEAT-RT thermostat is configured to use
the floor sensor control by following these steps:
1. Select the “Menu” button on the home screen
2. Select the “Installer Settings” button
3. Choose the “Sensor Application” option
4. Select “Floor”
5. Confirm your choice by tapping the checkmark
|Size in Inches||5" H x 3-1/4" W|
|Floor Sensor Length Ft||15'|
|What's In The Box||1 Programmable Thermostat (touchscreen), 1 Sensor Wire (10k), Instructions|