ProMelt electric radiant snow melting mats install easily and quickly providing electrically heated driveways and walkways. Energy efficient and environmentally friendly snow and ice removal in the worst conditions is possible without using nasty chemicals or corrosive salt.
ProMelt heated snow melting mats are manufactured in the USA by SunTouch Watts Radiant (pioneers of indoor radiant heat) using superior quality snow melting cable attached to a reinforced tape grid simplifying installation while maintaining optimum spacing of cables. Plus, you can free the cable from the mat to fill in or fit steps, curved or angled spaces as needed.
ProMelt is an effective, reliable and invisible snow melting system that will serve you for many years. Typical projects of 300 SF or less simply require mats and a snow sensor-controller and are very affordable and convenient.
ProMelt Snow Melting Benefits:
- ProMelt mats install quicker and easier than cable systems with no spacing errors.
- Automatically activates only when needed means your driveway and sidewalks stay clear and you never forget to turn the system off.
- No plowing or scraping means your walkway and driveway look better and last longer.
- Maintenance Free permanent installation. Not like Hydronic systems (water) with pumps, boilers, etc
- Increase safety and reduce liability with ProMelt.
- No hazardous chemicals to damage your landscaping or the environment.
- No waiting for the plow or shovel to arrive - Dependable automatic snow sensor once moisture and temperature conditions are met activates ProMelt.
- Save Money - Eliminate snow removal labor costs.
- The best construction using premium materials means ProMelt is built to last.
- Increase the value of your home with an automatic ProMelt System.
Voltage 277 VAC Heating Power Output per Hour 170 BTU per Sq Ft/Hour Heating Power Output Total 4760 BTU total Manufacturer Watts Radiant Power Lead Type Insulated, NEC color code, Single point connection at 1 corner of mat. No return wire like inferior products Power Lead Length 20 Feet Power Lead Wire Gauge 14 AWG Thickness 1/4" in. inch Spacing of Heating Wire 3" inches Minimum Bend Radius 1 inch Resistance Value 51 - 63 ohms EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) Yes. Verified by Independent Testing Laboratory as ultra low. REET test Thermostat Control Required? Automated Snow Sensing Controller recommeded for safety and lower energy use
- Instructions + Video
Instructions + Video
Instruction Manual Promelt SM5027701424 Mat 277V 2x14ft 5.1A Installation Manual Skill Level Installation only by qualified persons. Electrician recommended for wiring. Read More GFCI / GFEP Protection Required for each circuit at the panel. Maximum Circuit Load 30 or 50 Amps @ 240v, depending on controls chosen Maximum Circuit Overload Protection 70 A Breaker. Recommended Insulation Resistance test by Electrician Use a Megohmeter - see manual Electrical Box Size Suitable outdoor junction boxes as needed Full Length End-to-End ground wire Yes. Braided copper ground plane Spacing of attachment to Mesh/Rebar or surface Every 24" using plastic ties (no metal) for mesh, or nail through tape for surface Distance from Edges of Concrete/Asphalt Minimum 6" from edge of slab or 12" for asphalt without a curb Minimum Depth 1.50" inches below top of heated surface-completely covered : See Installation Manual Recommended Method and Depth for Slab Use Chairs/dobies so rebar/Mesh ProMelt is attached to is in top 2" of slab - See Installation Manual. Recommended Method and Depth for Asphalt Attach ProMelt over cooled asphalt base layer- Cover with hand shoveled final asphalt layer min 1.5 inch thick-DO NOT DRIVE machines on exposed ProMelt. Roll with small roller or compactor. - See Installation Manual Recommended Method and Depth for Pavers in sand Minimum 1.5 inches sand over cables, max paver thickness of 2.50 inches - See Installation Manual Recommended Method and Depth for Pavers in Concrete Maximum 2.50" total thickness over cables - See Installation Manual Recommended Method and Depth for Tile/Stone 1.25" minimum - See Installation Manual and TCNA guidelines Suitable Installation Surfaces / Materials: Embedded in Concrete, Asphalt, Pavers in sand or concrete, Thickset mortar on slab. -See Installation Manual Do Not Install in other surfaces Not in Dirt, gravel, walls, etc. ONLY approved installations Maximum exposure temperature 285°F (140°C) Short-term max. for asphalt covering Minimum Install Temperature 40°F (4.5°C) Layout Flexibilty Yes - Available on request Insulation Recommended Insulation is not recommended. Vehicular traffic can compress insulation causing problems. Outdoor Installation Only Outdoor Snow Melting or Heating Application only. Deck or Elevated applications Minimum 1" inch masonary below and above heating elements Cut Warning No. Never cut the heating elements to shorten
- More Details
ProMelt Mats install faster and easier than any snow melting system in 3 easy steps once you have read all instructions, planned the electrical details, designed a layout and prepared your jobsite:
- Roll out the mats onto prepared base surface or wire mesh/rebar
- Make turns by cutting tape and fitting mat to any shape area and around obstacles or up steps
- Secure to base or mesh using mat tape, nails or zip ties
The ProMelt radiant heating mats are built tough for Permanent installation within virtually any surface to provide efficient melting of snow and ice automatically. They must be completely embedded and at least 1.25 inches below the top of the new layer.
- New Concrete Surfaces install in top 2 inches secured to rebar or wire mesh on supports/chairs
- New Asphalt on top of base layer. ProMelt's polyurethane outer insulation layer withstands 300 Degrees F
- Pavers or brick set in compacted sand beds or in mortar
- Stone or tile set in thickset mortar. Building Code requires all outdoor systems to be 1.25 inches below the top of the new surface
- Not for use in gravel or dirt - must be embedded as described above
Wattage per SF 50W Amp Draw 5.1A Total Watts 1400W Warranty 10 Year backed by USA Manufacturer since 1873 Wire Construction ETFE Fluoropolymer, Braided copper ground plane, Foil shield and Outside polyurethane jacket Size in Inches 24" x 168" (24x168 inches) Size in Feet 2' x 14' (2x14 feet) Size in Meters 0.61m x 4.27m (0.61x4.27 meters) Custom Size Options None. Standard lengths only. No customization Safety Listing ETL Listed for U.S. and Canada under UL (Underwriters Laboratory) 515, IEEE 515.1, and CAN/USA C22.2 No. 130-03 : Listing file number: 3151992 Canadian Electric Code reference Section 62 (CEC) Part I. Plus any local code requirements National Electric Code reference ANSI/NFPA 70 especially Article 426. Plus any local code requirements Repair Information Yes, Wire can be repaired. Repair kits and assistance available. Made In USA Made in USA
You might also like...
HeatTrak 10" x 30" • Residential Heated Stair Mat - power cord sold separately (HR10-30)$69.99
HeatTrak 20" x 60" • Residential Heated Walkway power cord sold separately (HR20-60)
You Save: $20.00
SunStat Connect WiFi Enabled Programmable Thermostat$270.00
ProMelt/SlabHeat Heating Wire Repair Kit$28.00