Want the economy of loose floor heating cable with maximum heat output? With Nuheat cable, you can vary spacing and place cables as close as 2 inches apart for the most heat. Nuheat loose cable also gives you flexibility to make changes to the layout on the spot, at the jobsite. Add a programmable thermostat for optimal energy efficiency and convenience, and have floors warm and ready at the touch of a button.
Key Features of Nuheat Cable Systems
- Easy, straightforward installation
- Works with programmable thermostats and smart home systems
- Customizable for any project
- Even heat distribution and long lasting performance
- Energy efficiency and cost savings
- Compatible with various flooring types
Applications of Nuheat Cable Systems
Nuheat cable systems are frequently installed in residential settings such as bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, basements, and bedrooms, offering comfortable warmth underfoot. They are particularly beneficial in colder climates or areas with chilly floors.
These cable systems are also used in various commercial and industrial settings, including hotels, resorts, spas, wellness centers, offices, and retail spaces, to improve the comfort of both customers and employees. The versatility of Nuheat cable systems allows them to be easily used in new construction projects as well as retrofitting existing spaces.
Whether it's a cozy home or a bustling commercial establishment, Nuheat cable systems offer an efficient and customizable solution for creating warm and inviting environments.
Nuheat Cable Systems FAQs
How do Nuheat cable systems work?
The system consists of a thin electric heating cable that is installed under the flooring material, such as tile, laminate, or carpet. The cable is connected to a thermostat that controls the heating process.
When the thermostat is turned on and set to the desired temperature, electricity flows through the heating cable, generating heat. The cable evenly distributes the heat across the floor surface, warming the floor and the surrounding area.
The thermostat regulates the temperature by monitoring the floor's heat and adjusting the electric current flowing through the cable. This allows users to maintain a consistent and comfortable temperature in the space.
What types of flooring are compatible with Nuheat cable systems?
Nuheat cable systems are compatible with tile, laminate, engineered wood, carpet and vinyl. It's important to always consult the manufacturer's guidelines and installation instructions to ensure proper compatibility between the Nuheat cable system and the specific flooring material being used.
Is professional installation required for Nuheat cable systems?
For smaller, straightforward installations, homeowners with basic electrical knowledge and DIY experience may be able to install Nuheat cable systems themselves by following the provided installation instructions and guidelines. However, it is essential to adhere to local electrical codes and safety regulations.
For larger or more complex installations, or for those without experience in electrical work, you may want to hire a professional electrician or an experienced contractor who specializes in radiant floor heating. They have the necessary expertise to ensure the proper installation of the cables, connect them to the electrical system, and perform any required modifications or adjustments.
How long does it take to install a Nuheat cable system?
The installation time for a Nuheat cable system can vary depending on factors such as the size of the area, the complexity of the installation, and the experience of the installer.
For smaller areas, such as a bathroom or a kitchen, the installation process can take several hours. This includes preparing the subfloor, laying out and securing the cable, connecting it to the electrical system, and ensuring proper spacing and coverage.
For larger areas or more intricate installations with complex floor layouts or multiple zones, the installation process may take longer, potentially spanning several days. It may involve additional steps such as floor leveling, customizing cable spacing, or integrating the system with other heating or control systems.
What are the maintenance requirements for Nuheat cable systems?
Nuheat cable systems require minimal maintenance to ensure their optimal performance. Here are some general maintenance guidelines for Nuheat cable systems:
- Regular cleaning: Keep the floor surface clean and free from debris to allow efficient heat transfer. Vacuuming or sweeping the floor regularly will help maintain the system's effectiveness.
- Avoid damage to the cables: Take precautions when moving heavy furniture or appliances over the heated floor to prevent damaging the cables. Use furniture pads or sliders to minimize any potential impact.
- Test the system: Occasionally test the Nuheat cable system to ensure it is functioning properly. Follow the instructions provided with the system to perform a test, including checking the thermostat settings and verifying that the floor heats up as expected.
- Consult the manufacturer's guidelines: Refer to the specific maintenance instructions provided by Nuheat for your cable system model. They may provide additional recommendations or precautions tailored to the product's requirements.
Do Nuheat cable systems come with a thermostat?
No. All thermostats are sold separately.